Weird audio when I increase speed on recording


#1

When I increase the speed of an audio recording in media player (anything over 100%) I get a distorted pulsing sound. What the…? LINK


#2

Hi Lee,

Definitely a problem with the audio stretching! Will have a look at the file.

Dave


#3

fyi, it does that whether using my laptop’s onboard sound or my focusrite scarlette.


#4

Hi Lee,

a few questions

  • does it do it on any/every mp3 file?
  • does it do it with a wav file?
  • does it mess up when you slow it down ?

I can’t reproduce it using the realtek chip on this motherboard FWIW. It would be a good idea to explain the issue to Brad and send him your log files after forcing it to mess up.

Dave


#5

If I’m not mistaken, audio stretching is not supported yet in Cantabile. This function is intended for midi files. You could stretch the audio file using a DAW or a program like Audacity.


#6

Hi @hermanoantequera

Audio stretch is available in Cantabile for quite some time. The speed control for the media players works on both MIDI and wav,mp3 and flac I know for sure having tested and played with it.

Dave


#7

OK well that’s new for me :wink:


#8

Yes to all your questions


#9

remind me please, where to find my log files


#10

Tools>Open Settings Folder


#11

what’s the name of the log file?

I found a log.txt file, but modification date is an hour ago and I’ve triggered the problem since then


#12

Lee,

OK, shut c3 down and start it again, this will start a new log file, then make the problem occur, then shut C3 down. Then go to the settings folder and copy these 2 files and send them To Brad. He will have further instructions no doubt but this is a good place to start. Send him the log.txt and settings.json files.

Dave


#13

There definitely seems to be some problems here… I’m looking into it.


#14

This seems to be related to 64-bit audio processing. Could you try turning off:

  • Options -> Audio Engine -> Double precision (64-bit) audio

Let me know if that helps. In meantime I’ll look into fixing it for 64-bit audio. Seems like it’s been broken since day one and nobody noticed!

Brad


#15

Totally my fault. Fixed in 3569.


#16

Thanks Brad. Good to know my laptop isn’t going bonkers! :grin:


#17

Kudos to Brad for having this feature. It’s a must for me (midi performances). I tried Reaper (that has a speed control but not for ‘on the fly’ use, My DAW - Studio One 4 Pro, (their support person told me that’s an impossible feature to add) and Synthfont (also has a speed control but doesn’t work on the fly).
Thanks Brad!
Terry