Waves Grand Rhapsody not loading

Thanks for this Gabriel! So the VST2 works properly? If so, that’s my solution. I’ll try it today.

Gabriel- could I ask you for the name of the VST file you’re using which works?

I only seem to have WaveShell1-VST3 14.12 x64.vst3. If yours is different I may have to reinstall to get an older VST file. Thanks! Jon

Never mind. I got it from your grandrap.cantabileSong file:
“pluginPath”: “C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\WaveShell1-VST 14.12_x64.dll>47524853”
So it’s exactly the same VST3 file I’m using. Are you saying this works? (For repeated use, not just the first time)

I’ve compared your song file to mine (uploaded below). There are some differences, but I have no idea whether they’re significant. Hopefully Brad can weigh in at some point. The main thing is, if it is truly working for you, there must be a way I can replicate it!

Waves Grand Rhapsody.cantabileSong (8.3 KB)

Are you sure? Do you mean vst2? The vst3 waveshell has a much longer id :
56535447-5248-5367-7261-6e6420726861

This is the id of the vst2 version (see my log excerpt in the previous message).

Gabriel

Yes, it seems to work at every song load.

Gabriel

Interesting.

On the advice of Wave Tech Support, I copied file: WaveShell1 VST 14.12_x64.dll to a separate folder (it was in C:\Program Files\vstPlugins, which I wasn’t pointing to and I didn’t want to bring in all the other plugins in that folder). I then added that new folder to my Cantabile plugin path. Now when I add a plugin, I see the VST2 file in addition to the VST3 file. When I select the VST2 the problem seems to have gone away! (I can save it, go to another song, go back and it’s still working. I’ll try that with all the keyboards. If it works, I’m good to go. Apparently some disconnect between the VST3 file and Cantabile performer 4 (at least on my system!).

I’ll report back once I’ve tested this for the benefit of others who have the problem and have abandoned the Waves keyboard plugins. Thanks for all your help! -Jon

Yup. That worked for all the Waves Keyboards (Rhapsody, Clavinet, Electric 88/200/Grand80). Not sure why your VST3 works, but the VST2 was my solution. I’m running a mix of VST3 and VST2 plugins on Cantabile. Not sure I understand the difference functionally but all of my plugins work fine. I have just under 140 songs, all distinct instruments from a large number of vendors all in one huge set list! I know this probably isn’t standard, but I have my preferred settings for each instrument and like to save it and have everything I own instantly accessible. If I want to change the settings during a session, I either replace the original settings or save as a new song. Waves was my only issue and now that’s solved. I’m good!

1 Like

I’ve looked into this and the problem is the plugin is returning an error code when Cantabile asks it to load its state.

I’ve sent contacted Waves to get some clarification if the error code should be ignored or if there’s something else going on here.

1 Like

Update: I heard back from Waves and they’ve confirmed it’s an issue on their side and that it’ll be fixed in their next major release - which could be some time away.

I’ll look into putting in a workaround until then…

Brad

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, @brad!!!

Gabriel