VST3 Plugin-Support

I just noticed that Cantabile does not support VST 3. So I can not use my HALion anymore. That’s really bad. Steinberg has discontinued support for VST 2. So what about Cantabile? Will it be further developed?

Yes, I do plan to revisit VST 3 support but don’t have a time frame for it as yet. There’s a couple of other higher-priority features I need to get implemented first.

Are you sure the plugins you’re trying to run aren’t available as VST 2? I thought HALion was available as a VST2 plugin.

Also, are you sure you’re not running host crippled version of the plugin. Some Steinberg plugins released with packaged versions of the DAW’s only run in those DAWs. Does this plugin work in any other non-Steinberg hosts?

Thank you for the information. Then I have to wait just as long.
You are right, there is a HALion 6.dll (Vst2). In my case, a mess of install paths was added.

The HALion-Installer adds a Vst 3 plugin and a Vst 2 plugin. The Vst 2 (HALion6 .dll) plugin was located at this location: C: \ Program Files \ Cakewalk \ VstPlugins \ HALion 6. I found out, the path was written down in the registry by an installation of Cakewalk . Then I deinstalled Cakewalk and forgot it. But the Cakewalk installer did not delete the path to the vst 2 plugins.it. Pretty confusing.

Can I just ask where VST3 support sits in the priority list? I’d really like to see VST3 support arriving soon.

I have also Halion6 and VST3 support will be fine for me too…

FWIW me too please VST3 support!

Noted!     

VST3 support now is on my wishlist, too. The so-called connect plugin for my latest musical “toy” (Yamaha Montage) deserves it.