VST instruments suddenly go out of tune while playing

Hello - I recently started having problems with my VST plugins shifting pitch/going out of tune. It’s not just one plugin - all of them. And, happens on more than one controller, so it’s not the pitch bend wheel.

Running Cantabile 3, Windows 10 64 bit (yes - all native 64 bit plugins) 32 gig ram.

Help - was VERY problematic on a gig this weekend…

Have you looked at the sample rate set in Cantabile vs. in your audio interface driver? Sometimes (depending on the type of audio interface and driver) these go out of sync, so e.g. Cantabile still “thinks” it is working at 44.1 kHz, while the audio driver works with 48 kHz (maybe because the sample rate was changed by a different program). This can result in everything being detuned by 1.5 semitones.

So you might want to check your driver settings both in Cantabile as well as in any driver control panel for your audio interface.

Cheers,

Torsten

Had this problem too and I saw I had FLstudio running ar tge same time…

When I closed FL studio, everything was right

Everything set to 44.1 - I’m looking into updating the drivers to my interface - iConnectivity Audio 4.
After that, I will simply have to rebuild the system from scratch and introduce plugins one at a time. I would say Cantabile is suspect, but instruments also go out of tune in stand-alone mode.

Any Windows 10 updates that are causing problems?

The only other thing I can think of is my laptop battery needs replacement - but - I keep the laptop plugged in at all times…

VERY frustrating.