Volume level, internal keyboard verses external

I am new to the latest Cantabile and I have a problem I can’t figure out. When using the on screen keyboard the Volume of my VST’s is fine but when using my external keyboard the volume of the VST’s is quite low. I would appreciate any help in resolving this. It has nothing to do with my external velocity as all works well with other softwares.
Best regards

Hi Gary and Welcome to the Forum!

Just to be sure, are you aware that the onscreen keyboard sends different velocity values depending on where you click on the key? The top of the key is low velocity and the bottom is full. Could that account for what you are experiencing?

Dave

My external keyboard has the volume of the bottom of the keys on the onscreen keyboard… i’m running a Demo 3 version could that be the issue? I noticed under the midi channel there is no adjustments.
RRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi Gary,

Demo 3 version of Cantabile? And what is the external keyboard?

Dave

The external keyboard is a Roland RD88

Hi Gary,

The next thing I would do is open a MIDI monitor in Cantabile (right click on the route and choose MIDI Monitor) on the RD88 input route and see what velocity values it is sending to the Cantabile program when you strike the keys. I have an RD2000 and it works as expected on my setup. To have it match the onscreen keyboard clicked on the low end of a key I really have to hit the RD to match it. If you want the RD to send 127 or full velocity every time it would need a MIDI filter between the input route from the RD88 and the VSTi. All these things are explained in the Guides section here. https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/guides/

Dave

Thanks for all the help