Visual Studio Migration

Hi All,

One of the things I’ve been wanting to do for a while now is upgrade to the latest version of Visual Studio (the development tools I use to develop Cantabile). Up until now I’ve been using VS2010, but I’m moving to VS2015.

The migration has been done, but I’m keeping it on a separate branch until the stability has been proven. Until then, the new builds will tend to come in pairs:

• Even numbered builds will be VS2010 builds
  • Odd numbered builds will be VS2015 builds

For live work I recommend sticking with the VS2010 builds. If you’re experimenting, or for practice machines it’d be great if you could start exercising the VS2015 builds. Also, for the moment only VS2010 builds will be marked as stable, the others will all be flagged experimental.

Having said all that, I don’t expect any major issues. The project ported over with only a few warnings in the x64 C++ code requiring attention (no significant code changes - just warning fixes) and I’m still building for the same .NET run-time.

Build 3140 and 3141 are up now.

Brad

4 Likes

Quick update: after 7 dual mode builds there haven’t been any issues specific to Visual Studio. So from here on I’ll be going back to a single build per build and moving to VS2015.

Brad

3 Likes