View sticks on Routing Diagram

When I am using the routing diagram feature, my screen often “sticks” on this view – I am not able to return to the main Routing screen – the upper right hand button does not work. I have previously assumed it is because something is unresolved (or “open”) in the Routing Diagram, but even in simple setups I am unable to resolve this. I normally have to save the song and reopen it to “free” the selection button. Any ideas of might be happening?

Hi @Shoesmith,

I’ve not had any other reports of this and I’ve not seen it myself. My guess is this might be some sort of mouse/touch screen capture issue.

Some questions:

1. Are you using touch screen or mouse?
  2. When it gets into this state, to the menu commands for switching view work (View menu -> Routing Table and View -> Routing Diagram)

Next time it happens note down exactly what you were doing immediately prior and see if you can figure out how to reproduce it. To fix this I’m probably going to need to reproduce it here.

Also, make sure you’re running the latest build - there were some fixes in this area at one point.

Brad

A few answers - I am using a mouse (or track pad). When in this stuck state, the View menu selection you mention is “grayed out”, i.e. you can not select either by the menu. It is not exactly clear what action initiates it – most often it seems to happen when I add a plugin from the Routing Diagram – and possibly in particular and only on some occasions – when I add the 64-bit Boost11 plugin. But I don’t think it is limited to that…I’m still trying to identify what single action causes the hangup. Saving the file, closing, and coming back to it usually fixes it. I’ll keep tracking down a more precise action. (I believe I am using Build 3591 of the x64 Performer edition.)

Hi @Shoesmith

Give 3595 a go… there were definitely some fixes in this area (but not sure if if exactly covers what you’re describing). Definitely worth trying though.

Brad