Very Cool New MIDI Control Hardware

Hi All,

This is cool …check it out, I can see some of us using it but it is very new and no price except on advance orders. More info at website.

https://mpmidi.com/

Dave

1 Like

Well…there goes my neat little rig. Been down sizing for years…now this. Arrrgh!

1 Like

That is very cool. Interesting, it only works with VST3 plugins. I know most of the U-he plugins don’t have functioning midi learn in their vst3 versions yet. I wonder if that would affect it.

• Paul

Wow. Impressive. I definitely want to know more about it. I’ll check it out. Anyone knows the price of this gem already?

Did… did…did they shamelessly put potentiometers directly on a screen?
This is both the ugliest and sweetest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

I see they still use the mouse on this screen in the video and I understand they use another “master” screen on top of that.

I hate to be that guy, but is it sturdy enough for live setups? is it versatile enough for studio work?

Hmm - interesting. The only thing I’m struggling with is ergonomics: GUI designers spend hours to arrange knobs and sliders so they make sense - and then I’m supposed to operate the thing with knobs arranged in a square, mostly unrelated to the screen layout?? {scratching head}

not sure if this is for me…

2 Likes

Wow, that’s quite ingenious.
Reminds me of the native instrument keyboards.
But I’m with Torsten, it looks confusing to have the plugin UI and the knob labels together.
I think I would end up having to do some annoying layout to get controls where I want them.

I have send them an email for more info and price. That is apparently not known yet. They said they’ll get back to me