VB3 II - The only Plug-in Crashing Cantabile 3

Well, sometime it happens and it’s hard to find out where the issue comes from… Good you solved with BX3.

Hi Pete

I’ve never had a problem with VB3, or VB3 II. A few days ago, I had a C3 crash with VB3 II while preloading. My problem was with my computer. Your interface wouldn’t have anything to do with VB3, but the interface could have had issues in C3, like an interface driver problem, or a loose connection. Remember, you can always send a crash report to @brad for diagnosis. Go to: Tools>Options>Diagnosis>Open Settings box, then select the folder for the date and time the crash happened.

Cheers

Corky

2 Likes

Hey Corky, good to see you’re back on the mend post Covid :clap:
In my experience windows device drivers can make or break a system and given this is my live rig, I’m always a bit worried about crashes, especially since going from full band to a duo. A crash pretty much disables the entire show. In my full band (pre-Covid days) a crash wasn’t as big a deal because the rest of the band kept going. I sent the crash dumps to Brad a few times but Guido never got back with any kind of support; I kind of regret blowing a sizeable amount of money on VB3II.

Anyhow, on the topic of better reliability, I’m about to replace my Steinberg UR22C audio interface with the more robust MOTU M4, that way I can route bass, keys and backing sequences to separate output channels. I’m really hoping the MOTU windows drivers are better written than the cheaper Steinberg ones.

1 Like

Yeah Pete, I am mostly well. Still have a slight cough, runny nose, and hoarseness. But my energy has finally returned. Thanks for asking.
As I said, VB3 II has not given me any problems until the one a few days ago, but I can see where it was my laptop caused the crash. VB3 just happened to be unloading at the time. MOTU should be solidly stable. Glad B3-X is doing the job.

1 Like

MOTU M4 installed and running :slightly_smiling_face: latency is crazy good :+1:

2 Likes