Using Yamaha MO6 master volume and zones 1-4 as volume controls for plugins in Cantabile

Hello. Please let me know what settings I have to pay attention to and adjust to be able to use my Yamaha MO6 as a controller
for plugins in Cantabile. I am currently using it as a “master keyboard” while playing, but moving the volume of the plugins directly in the software with a laptop.
I would like to be able to control the main volume in Cantabile with the MO6’s master volume fader, as well as four plugins with the MO6’s zone 1 to 4.

Appreciating your response,
Hermes

Welcome Hermes,

A first quick response. I don’t have the M06, but when I started with Cantabile I had a Kurzweil SP6 which worked well by assigning each of the 4 zones to a different MIDI channel and routing those in Cantabile to the desired plugin. It automatically transmitted cc7 which the plugins recognize as volume. For master volume, my master control was not assignable, so I used the mod wheel. Check page 125 in the M06 user manual.

Perhaps another user can give you more detailed instructions.

Have fun

John

Hi,

It is quite easy if you are not getting what you need “out of the box” as @john is experiencing with his Kurz.

First it is worth selecting your MIDI Route, right clicking and selecting the MIDI monitor to see what CCs are generated when you move the controls.

• In Cantabile, right click over the volume slider of the object (VST, RAck, etc.) you wish to control
    *Click “Create Binding…”
  • Move the controller you wish to control the volume
  • Select the most appropriate one from the list you are presented with (will depend on what your controller is sending)