Useful plugin find

Ran across a free plugin download that some here might find useful in live situations, Wampler’s Terraform. It includes three plugins: Univibe, Envelope Filter, Chorus. I found the first two to be very desirable and all three to sound very good. You have to get on their mailing list to download, but imo a small price to pay for what are very good quality plugins imo:

2 Likes

Glad to see this. Wampler makes some amazing pedals, but since I’ve been digital, I stopped buying hard pedals. This will give me a chance to try them out. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I also stumbled across a very good stereo 1 into 4 splitter for those who are into multiband processing. The DDC Metaplugin demo actually has four plugins: Metaplugin (a portable racking solution), the 1 to 4 splitter, a mid-side processor, and a send/receive (used for sidechaining in older hosts that don’t have native sidechain). All are standard .dll VST2 files that will run in any host. And the only restriction in the demo package is that the Metaplugin cannot save its settings.

It’s a very clean splitter and with all four bands enabled and on zero dB gain, it nulls to a copied phase reversed track with no plugins at all. Multiband processing has always been a bit of a “secret weapon” for me…and now a way to do it without JBridge and without paying Melda for their multiband versions, though those are admittedly more streamlined to use (and I actually have a few of them). But the Melda versions don’t allow the flexibility to run different FX on each band.

Have a chance to try out the Univibe yet? I’m really liking it.

Yes!! Liking it! Planning on using it with Neural DSP
Archetype Gojira I just picked up, at my next rehearsal.
Glad you let me in on it. :wink:

I haven’t tried Gojira yet, but I have Wong and Cali Fortin and both of those are great…so will need to give Gojira a whirl too at some point.

I have almost all of them (still lacking a few). Wong was my favorite till Gojira came along. It really depends on the type of music you play. They all have their own character, so if I want a heavy sound, I know where to go. Hit a power chord, and it will ring forever! :metal:
Clean sounds on Wong are amazing!! And, the pedals are great. They really have the upper hand right now. I found what I need with the presets…very little tweaking.

I did a Wong preset “Dynamic Blues Player” that’s on the Neural site if you want to give it a try. It’s the classic wah/comp/TS808 setup into a relatively clean amp setting (I used to use this setup into a '66 Blackface Deluxe non-reverb in the non-virtual world). Has a lot of feel and really responds well to guitar vol and tone controls - not quite the real thing but astonishingly close. I set it up for my hard tail Jap Strat loaded with Fender noiseless hots, so as with any preset, ymmv, probably need to tweak to your particular guitar, etc…

Also, while the archetype concept is not very flexible, since each section can be individually disabled, you can run multiple instances (thank goodness for Cantabile!) without any real cpu penalty to speak of. I’ll sometimes run just the wah in one instance and just the stomps in another and just the amp in another so I can order the wah post stomps/pre amplifier for a totally different wah sound… I’m also really liking disabling the cab and using OwnHammer IRs with Wong, though I really like the cab #1 in it paired with Clean Machine.

1 Like

Cool! I will have to check it out. I have a ton of OwnHammer, ML Sound, and York Audio IR’s. Been wanting to try them out with Neural, but time to do it eludes me.

I found an older IR pack on OwnHammer’s site that’s two different 1x12 open back vintage Jensens. I went ahead and bought it based on their demo track, but haven’t had time to mess with it yet, but definitely want to try it with the aforementioned Wong preset…