Use MOTU sound Module or Dante software

Well Gents, Here is what about 5 mins of work will do. Went thru the various racks and disabled all the plugs I haven’t used in the last 3 weeks and cut the Time Load % in half. I think I can live with that although Torsten, I will have to give some serious thought to create 2 or 3 songs that utilize only what I tend to use together alot.

I’m still on the fence about adding something like Process Lasso. Can some of you who use it continuously comment on any problems that it causes?

Thank you all for your valuable input!!! You all bailed me out bigtime.

1 Like

I have to say I’ve had exactly zero problems with Process Lasso. The main benefit is power management and that is the Achilles heel of laptops.

1 Like

I was following this because I’ve been getting sporadic glitches. I’ve never used the profiler and have a question on the cause of value fluctuations in the “Maximum “ column and Time Load values.

Specifically, I have a plug (S-Gear 2) that goes from 16%-60% when I’m not doing anything…just sitting watching it fluctuate. Time Load moves similarly along with the plug.

What causes this to move with no other activity going on? Is there documentation on the profiler?

Thanks!

I use Dante at my church and love it. I have a Dell G5 with 32GB RAM. I’m also a plug-in junkie, so I push it pretty hard. I’ve never had any problems with Dante… and it’s going to an older board.

@syncrony, Do you use the software controller or a dongle of some kind? If you use a dongle, what kind is it? i haven’t ruled Dante out, but I need to make sure that I employ the suggestions above to keep my system as efficient as possible.

Had practice this morning. Running 256 @44100, installed Process Lasso, ran Latency Mon (OK), disabled all sound drivers in device manager and made a few changes in the audio engine, I turned on all plugs (30) including B3-X, Leslies, started mashing down as many notes as possible with damper on/off, and Time Load topped at 50%.

I think that should be satisfactory!! Thanks again for all the suggestions. Steve

1 Like