USB Microphone only getting Left Channel (VMB + Cantabile routing only)

Hello lovely Cantabile community!

I’ve been reading and watching a lot of guides on Cantabile and Voice Meeter to help improve my USB condenser mic and I’ve run into a bit of an issue that I haven’t been able to find a fix for. When routing my microphone into Cantabile, then connecting it to Voice Meeter Banana (via the Patch Inserts) I’m only receiving the Left Channel back when listening to it locally.

Things Tried so far:

• Searched through the existing community issues mentioning channel issues which lead to then try:
  • Ensuring the buffer and frequencies matched between VMB and Cantabile
  • Double checked that microphone assignments matched correctly
  • Bypassed Cantabile to listen to microphone solely through VMB to see if both channels were being sent without Cantabile (they were)

I’ve attached an image of my Audio Engine + Ports and set up to see if there’s something I’m maybe just overlooking :slight_smile: Thank you so much for any insight!

Wanted to follow this up and mention that I’ve fixed this! Classic bug report :slight_smile:

After stepping away for a bit and posting this I discovered the driver type (MME) that I was using was the culprit here. Swapping to the KS drivers fixed the one-channel issue and everything works as expected now.

1 Like

Hi Dylan and Welcome!

Glad you got it sorted. @terrybritton is very knowledgeable on Voice Meeter Banana as well as many other things if you ever need expert help.

Dave

1 Like