Two potential C3 3636 issues

Problem #1: Can’t load background rack
This has been around for a couple of weeks, and I can’t seem to resolve it. Every time I launch C3 and it tries to load the background rack, but I get an error message the it can’t create a rack when one already exists.

I renamed the background rack file (although that file was not in the folder called out in the dialog) and still no love.

Thoughts?

Problem 2: Dialogs hidden when second monitor is plugged in
Brad - This one is more esoteric. I use a second, larger monitor (bad eyes - ugh) with my laptop. I usually just duplicate the screen but yesterday I was doing more involved work and Extended to the second screen. This worked fine, although all dialog boxes showed up on the laptop screen, not on the larger display where C3’s main screen was displayed. I went to rehearsal last night and didn’t have any problems just using the laptop screen.

Today I plugged in the laptop, set the display back to Duplicate, and began editing songs. Every time C3 tried to open a dialog it (add State, view options, etc.). seemed to hang.

It turned out that C3 was trying to show the dialog on a “ghost” display (e.g., on a display that was physically hooked up, but Windows wasn’t addressing as both displays were configured to show the same information).

Hi Pat -
I see this was from 10 days ago so you may have solved these problems already. A few ideas:

Problem #1: Can’t load background rack – i’d suggest just creating a new Configuration from scratch and see if that fixes the problem (or as often as not, doing this uncovers something i had been doing wrong in the first place).

Problem 2: Dialogs hidden when second monitor is plugged in
I’ve had a similar problem with MS Word - whenever i open i new document it wants to display it on my second monitor (whether or not it’s plugged in and turned on). Hit Alt-Space followed by m on the keyboard, then you can use your cursor keys to drag the dialog back onto your main screen. (And hopefully Cantabile will remember that as the new place for the dialog to be displayed).
… Also just had a thought, that creating a new Configuration as in #1 above will likely reset to the default screen behaviour too.

Hope that helps,
– Jimbo