Transport Player and Marked Range with Musical Sync

1. I use the Media Player for a Click and Guide track with drums.
  2. On my last song I do a standard closing comment then repeat a portion of the end of the song.
  3. I’ve used a Marker and a Range to created the portion to replay.
  4. I’ve created a Binding to return me to that Range
  5. I have to hit Play to trigger the range to play.

All of the above works for me but I just discovered how the Media Player can be synced with the Transport to play my files and I really love it.

My issue is this:

1. I can no longer get the Binding trigger to return to the Closing Range or the Marker.
  2. I’ve also noticed that the LOOP setting for my Closing Range is ignored (not that I’m using it for that purpose; I prefer a manual trigger right now).
  3. Even if I manually select the Closing Range, when I start Transport, it always starts at the beginning of the media file.

So, presently I am unable to use the Music Sync function on the last song. Is there a way to make this work? My only thought is to create a separate Closing File and then have the Media Player use it.

UPDATE: I have tried this video, which creates bindings to markers but with the Sync Mode it still returns me to the top of the song when I hit play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO6G6TGsegE

Hi @djbrock,

Sorry I missed this question earlier.

Unfortunately the current media player sync and label mechanism wasn’t really designed for what you’re trying to achieve. I have a bunch of existing change requests queued up to better address this (probably via a multi-track timeline).

The problem here stems from the fact that when a media player is synced to a master transport it’s tightly synced - ie: whatever the master does, that’s what the slave does.

That said, It’s not clear from your question where the labels and bindings are - are they all attached to the master transport, or to the slave player?

Brad

The Label is in the song itself and the binding is in the song itself. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it very much.

1 Like