Thinking of starting up Cantabile again - MIDI question?

Can Cantabile recognise MIDI markers and can same be triggered via an external controller?

Thanks

Absolutely yes. Cantabile recognizes every MIDI event you can think of and then some. I use an RFX128 midi footswitch to control Cantabile, and it works perfectly.

Can you expand on what your thinking of doing? You’ll probably get some good tips on how to do it right the first time by doing so.

Hi,

What do you mean by “MIDI Markers”? Can’t say I’ve heard that phrase before. But I do live in Darkest Wales! :slight_smile:

A midi marker is simply that, a marker inserted at various points in a MIDI file that can be “jumped to” for example a popular place is at the start of a chorus enabling the file to be extended by going bakc to that marker point.
It is a very common MIDI operation.

Robb, I am okay with what I am doing, I just coudln’t remember if Cantabile recognised them is all.

@Derek I’d never heard of them either and figured it was a translation thing.
Apparently a MIDI Maker is a “MIDI meta message” that is embedded in a MIDI file that’s not sent out over MIDI ports (from here: https://www.recordingblogs.com/wiki/midi-meta-messages ).

@pax-eterna There are a fair amount of people here that know Cantabile a lot better than I do, but I’ll have to rescind my previous statement and say I don’t believe it’s supported.
In Cantabile I believe you’d be looking at using loops and states to do what your asking.

(Take what I say with a grain of salt, I’m still a relative newb)

thanks guys - guess I’ll just boot it up again and see if I remember stuff hahaha!