"The Plugin Folder " doesn't exist and will be ignored"

Hello,

I’m new here so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I recently downloaded and installed Cantabile 3 Lite for use with my Yamaha P-45. I’m new to audio programs and I’m having issues with the plugins. I have found some free plugins for use, and am currently trying to get Azurite to work, found here:

I have installed it to my D drive (file path D:\VSTPlugins) and have extracted the zip file so that the .dll file is in the folder. However, when I add that folder to my plugins in Tools > Options, I receive the error “The plugin folder " does not exist and will be ignored”. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong, and I have googled this error and haven’t found any threads related to it. I have tried other plugins as well and those do not work either because the folder is not recognized, apparently.

Please help! Thanks!

Figured it out…apparently Cantabile did not like the Realtek ASIO driver…when I installed the ASIO4ALLdriver it found the plugins, then I just had to learn how to import them. Ugh, my bad. Thanks!

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted Jim and welcome to the forum. If you get in a jam we’ll try to help!

Cheers!

Dave

1 Like

The first thing I thought when I saw new user and plugins was "has he installed ASIO4ALL? Glad you figured it out. If you’re ever shopping entry level USB audio interfaces I like the Behringer UMC202HD, others here like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

2 Likes