Tempo for arpeggiators in plugins

In one of my songs I use Omnisphere with its built-in arpeggiator, and its tempo is driven by the host’s tempo. I can see that by default Cantabile’s tempo is set to 120bpm in 4//4 in the main toolbar, but I can’t find any way to change that (I’m certain I’m missing something obvious here). The only way I’ve found to set the tempo that Omnisphere picks up is by adding a media player, setting the the master transport selection to that media player, adding any old random audio file, and setting its tempo in the Media File Properties dialog. I never play that audio file, but having it gives me the ability to define a tempo for Omnisphere.

Like I said, I’m sure this must be trivially possible and that I’m missing some really basic thing…any pointers would be much appreciated!

Neil

Neil,

Up top to the right of the central window is a small metronome icon. Clicking that exposes a drop-down dialog, and on the left side of that is a BPM selector in Blue. Clicking that divulges some selections, or you can use the plus and minus buttons to dial in a value. Custom values can be saved from the Blue button’s drop-down at the bottom of it using the Add button.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Thanks Terry.

I actually tried exactly that before my original post and saw no effect. I tried again and still Omnisphere is arpeggiating at the same tempo, unaffected by my change. However I then notice if I hit Cantabile’s play then stop buttons, Omnisphere then picks up the intended tempo correctly.

Is this intentional then, or a bug? Seems odd to have to start and stop the transport to get the new tempo through.

Either way, I can now set the correct tempo for the song, so thanks again Terry, my problem is solved :slight_smile:

Neil

Hi Neil,

Yes this is a bug - I think introduced during the media player sync support added last week. I’m working on a fix as we speak.

Brad

2 Likes