Tempo change at rehearsal? SOLVED

No worries,
that would be a killer feature! Time stretching…

1 Like

I control my tempo from my Octatrack MKII tempo knob. I have Octatrack MIDI out going into a MIDI usb inteface plugged into the computer.

Then, in Cantabile, from tools->options->MIDI ports, I have the midi interface selected under midi ports, and then again selected under “midi clock”. In the main window, next to the play buttons, I have the “select master transport” dropdown selected to “sync to midi clock”. Works great. I have saved as a template, along with all my audio routing.

The Octatrack time stretches/compresses all the audio tracks with the turn of the tempo knob (while live playing).

Also, the start/stop controls from the Octatrack work as well.

Leroy,

Maybe you could load the backing tracks in a DJ software and sync it via a loopback midi port in your computer.

I do use NI’s Traktor Pro 3 like that, so all my backing tracks sync with my master tempo (from C3 or anywhere else).

DJ’s softwares are the easiest to work like that because they are built with time stretching in mind and midi clock syncing.

However, they usually don’t load songs automatically, and you would have to build a playlist and manually load songs in your set.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

– Renato.

PS: my first post in this forum. Loving C3, btw!

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Renato! Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

:grinning:

Dave

Thanks for the reply’s fellas!
I would love to be able to do this without having to add any more hardware to my rig. Maybe I could find a software solution and add it to a rack.

I have been working on a solution for changing tempos of audio tracks with out having to go back to my DAW and redo everything. I’ve found a vst called Serato Sample that will change the tempo and pitch without any sound artifacts. If you load Serato Sample as a VST and attach a media player to it via midi it will sync to Cantabile’s metronome. I’m having an issue though…
I triggered the audio file in Serato Sample with a midi note recorded in Cantabile as a one shot on bar 3 at 120 BPM but when I change the tempo to 150 BPM the sample will adjust but the midi track in the media player will not. It starts a bit later than bar 3 or if I slow down the tempo the midi track from 120 BPM it will start a bit earlier than bar 3. Any ideas of how I can get the midi track to stay in sync and start the audio on bar 3 after changing the tempo away from the originally recorded (midi track) tempo?

Thanks Leroy