Switching instruments using Program change from controller keyboard

Hi,

Happy new year

I use Solo with an Arturia keylab. Run small song set up with 2-3 vsts (keystone, synth 1, kontakt organs and a few FX) using splits. Works very well live, however I am trying to switch between a couple of vsts using program change. I can’t easily use Arturia to switch midi channels as planned as it requires holding one button and pressing a key, not good live

I can assign pads on keyboard to give program changes. On first vst in cantabile I set only route midi for program… 1, in second vst route midi for program 2 etc.

I notice only program 1 message works, if I hit program 2 no sound from second vst! Very odd. Is this a known issue or am I missing anything obvious?

Cheers, Al

Welcome to the forum ALt.

The way I do this is to disconnect the routing of the vst with bindings on my pads. Basically, I assign a pad to connect and disconnect the routing, which stops the flow of midi signal to the vst. So, pressing pad disconnects, then another press on the same pad connects. Think of them as an on/off switch. Also, remember that most controller pads are transmitting on midi channel 10.

Regards

Corky

Thanks Corky,

That’s possible, but I was trying to hit just a single button to change vst, the song givung me issues ives me a fraction of a second to switch sound , clav to Rhodes on different vsts. I did find using cc I could (almost!) Achieve what I needed, using route when cc … Is greater than 64. Requires tapping to adjacent buttons on Arturia,with cc off on one and on on the other at same time. But this isn’t easy live. I wonder why route notes when program = … Doesn’t work as this would be a very simple way to rapidly switch between VSTs in this case. I may have to buy a second controller but keen to avoid if possible!:grinning:,

Cheers,

Al

Song states would automatically enable/disable multiple vsts with one switch, but I didn’t mention this because state switching requires Performer version of Cantabile, while you are on Solo.