Strings virtual instruments suitable for live performance

I’m looking for a killer strings sample library with lots of “Full Strings” patches with many articulations, epic sound, and velocity responsiveness.
Shoot.

Are you looking for live playability or recording? Many articulations usually equates to poor live playability in my experience, but I’m usually playing strings along side other instruments and don’t have 2 hands to dedicate to key switching.

Session Strings by NI does pretty well when you need super realistic strings live. For most things I actually use Disco Strings. It’s cheap and has great background tone that plays well live.

I’m looking for live playability.
Just one articulation per patch.
Not so many articulations even, just few basic like tremolo, marcato, spiccato sustain come to my head right now.

NI Session Strings do what I want on paper, but I don’t think they can sound big and epic.

Oh, and pizzicato of course.

You could give the Roland Cloud a try - it’s got the immensely playable SRX Orchestra in it.

Cheers,

Torsten

Hey, I found something, strings by a company that called SONiVOX, here a recording of me playing a few phrases with it:

What do you think about the sound?

I think you should spend the 70 bucks! :smiley:

I’ve used this for live shows…many bread and butter sounds and the strings work great (for me) in most band settings. Better yet, they were running an online special and I got it for 1$!!!
They have SoundCloud examples on the site…you have to check them out. Bonus is the samples are very efficient…runs great on my i5/4Gb netbook. Can’t say enough good things about this !