I came across something unusual this week:
- Set up two empty songs, A and B in a setlist (they don’t have to be empty, but this is the simplest case, and can be called anything)
- Switch between them in the setlist - Cantabile correctly doesn’t ask to save changes
- Now modify the transpose setting on the “input ports” row in song A
- Switch to song B - Cantabile reasonably asks to save changes - say Yes
- Now switch from B back to A, having not made any changes to B. Cantabile strangely asks to save changes to B. Say Yes.
- Keep switching back and forth between A and B - Cantabile keeps asking to save changes, every time.
It’s as if the transpose setting is applied to the song after loading, and so Cantabile thinks it’s a change the user has made, or something. Harmless, but a bit irritating for anyone using song transpose!