State Behavior (Binding)

@brad

It would be great if you could add the source also to state behavior (like target)

…in my case I comunicate with a controller and want to send different values of a vst…so each state is linked to an other source…

Shure I can do this with a binding per state but it would be a claner way to have only two bindings one for out and one for in

Cheers Jürgen

@brad

this is the result… many bindings…is there a way to give the same access for source than for target?..to do this with 2 bindings

1 here I can change the target with state behavior for each state

2 here I need a binding for each state to do the same for source

Cheers Jürgen

Why don’t you use the state index binding?
Isn’t it available as source?

I’am sorry but I don’t know what you mean …can you explain with an example how to use Index to bind a specific VST-Value.

I never tested this befor…

I think this is only to switch Presets in my VST (but the Preset is everytime the same).
…I only want to read/write the Values from the specific memorys/ Knobs

Thanks Jürgen

Jürgen, I think I understand what you are trying to do.

Taking the example of having several knobs which already have a CC# assignment, I take it, you would like states to change to each knob sending that out of the rack to something else. So you can switch via states to Knob 1 CC#16 then to Knob 2 CC#17 then to Knob 3 CC#18, etc. Is that right?

You are correct that not having the “Source” item as a selection forces you to make MANY bindings - as many as you have knobs with unique CC# assignments.

Why do you want to switch among them rather than leaving all those controls live at all times?

Terry

Hi Terry,

(at first it works …so it is not an experiment )

and…all Knobs represents the same controller because they comunicate all with the same slider in my Touchcontroll

the VST-knobs are comunicating over OSC with Lightjams

…when I calibrate my movingheads to a specific location I need this tool to set the absolut positions of my beams.
so I can correct each position I want.

Each knob of my vst represents a position value and so the result is that only one Pan and only one tilt value can be active at one time.

when I also call ‘Audience’ all Movingheads turn to audience and I can correct this value with my finetuning.

at next I call 45° and the heads move to this Tilt value… so I can step all values up/down…

hope this explain what I do.

In the pic you can see my linked touch controll to this C3-Rack

The big wheels allow me the finetuning of my Scanner’s and Movingheads…

Cheers Jürgen

I get it. Cool. For sure a “source” state would be handy here.

Terry