Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II

IMHO the OP-X-II is a friendly and beutiful beast but its C3 integration isn’t satisfying yet. What’s the staus quo concerning pseudo-presets and overall stablity? What are your experiences? Is there any workaround concerning the presets? Is it stable running 2 or 3 instances at once?

Hi, i’hv never had a problem with it. Works fine.BR

1 Like

Hi Christoph,

It works best for me with the plugin preset model set to “Entire Plugin Snapshots”. It faithfully saves the current parameters on the OPX gui in each Cantabile preset slot. I usally select a C3 preset slot then use the gui of OPX to access the many banks it has. Then I select the OPX preset and once it’s in the C3 slot I lock that preset slot. I can use presets from all the available banks in C3 preset banks this way. You can optionally name your C3 slots, either by typing in a name or by coping and pasting the name from the the OPX Gui in the event you are making a factory or hybrid preset bank that works in Cantabile exclusively. Once done you can tweak the presets if they are unlocked or as I said you can lock them. To save all your work you either save the song or save all, To backup your C3 banks you create you save them as C3 prest banks. It all works fine here and it should be noted that Brad made some nice improvements to the C3 preset handing not too long ago. Right click on the plugin to see the preset model that is auto selected and the other options if you are curious.

Cheers,

Dave

1 Like

I had some issues with OP-X Pro II a few years ago, but after a few queries with Brad and the OP-X Pro II developer - who is also quite responsive - they have been resolved.

Make sure you use the latest 64bit version.
The preset model way of working described by @dave_dore is also how I use it. I have a linked rack with 128 favorite OP-X Pro patches that I use.

2 Likes

Since I’m using the vst 3 version, I have no issues…

2 Likes

Hi Dave,
I’m not at home at the moment - just a maybe silly question: what does it mean 'with the plugin preset model set to “Entire Plugin Snapshots” - is this a function of the OPX or a funktion of C3?
Furthermore I do not understand exactly how to lock a preset slot … (’… and once it’s in the C3 slot I lock that preset slot’)
Sorry for still being such a rookie …

Hi Christoph,

It is part of Cantabile. You get to it by right clicking on the plugin …

and this menu will appear with the options …

SnapShot%2014993

There is a new icon on the plugin preset slot. lt is so that if you change them on the synth while playing live they will always return to the locked value when you call the preset next time …

Dave

3 Likes

Hi Dave, Kyru, adderoo, Würlitzer,
thank you for your helpfullness! I fear I’m not up to date with Cantabile … I have to check the updates!
Sorry - Silly Me …
Best regards from Cologne
Christoph

1 Like