[SOLVED] Cantabile Solo freezes trying to save a Scaler 2.8 status

Hi there

As per title, I try to save the status of Scaler and the Export window freezes
Save, X and Cancel don’t work
I can only kill Cantabile Solo in the Windows 10 Task manager
Suggestions?

Hi @ClaudioPorcellana

Thanks for reporting this.
To be clear, does this hang when the Save dialog itself is shown?

I have a similar outstanding issue for another plugin with similar behaviour and I believe it’s related to the way Juce plugins show that dialog but I’ve not been able to reproduce it myself. It is on my list to investigate though.

Brad

Yes, exactly that
I also tried to put Scaler as the only plugin, and I also tried VST2 and 2, and I also asked a friend to repeat it in his system and the issue jumped out

It is not a severe issue for me and now, because I use the export feature mainly to make minitutorials in the Scaler forum, relying on the Cantabile Save feature :grinning: but a backup routine for Scaler complex sets would be a must have

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for the additional information.

I believe this is an issue with the way the choose file selector is implemented for plugins using the Juce library. I’m working at the moment with the developer of another plugin that has the same issue, but this could be related to a specific combination of Cantabile/Juce.

It might be that the fix is for the developers of Scaler to rebuild with the latest version of Juce, but until I have more information I can’t really say.

I’ll post back when I know more.

Brad

Hi Claudio,

I’ve just been investigating the same issue with some other plugins and it seems this is fixed in build 4164 and later. Could I get you to try with Scalar and let me know if the problem still persists.

Brad

1 Like

It works!
Thanks Brad

Hi Claudio,

Great… thanks for letting me know, glad this one is now resolved.

Brad

1 Like