I shall also join Steve as an accomplice in this heist.
It’s from K&M… but I have extra a piece of pipe mounted to attach the holder
This is the stand it is standing like a rock… The same I have for my Kawei MP 11 with 35 kg and their are many holders with maximum flexibility.
( for my Voicelive I modified the available holder a little bit )
Thanks for the info Juergen. I’m going to see if my store carries it.
Ready… add a Powerstrip on the side of the Keyboardstand and and also a DMX-connection… no more Cablesalad behind the Chair.
Also fixed all Pedals … so they do not slip away.
everything just loosely put together with U-profiles and a lateral screw connection.
Every time someone shows me their rig I wonder, should I thrown beads or something…
I noticed above the power strip a row of connectors (three not installed). Did you buy a panel and fit it to the stand?
Yes it is a normal rackpanel but shortened and simply riveted
Well, finally here it is: my new rig…
After 3 months experimenting and lessons learned from several live gigs my config is stable (for now).
- My main keyboard is RD-2000 because of this wonderful (piano) keybed.
- My goto synth action, still going strong, is Novation 49 SLMKII.
- A Dell XPS15 laptop (9570) combined with MOTU 624 (Thunderbolt) audio interface does the Cantabile job very well. This interface is really a great sounding device!
- The Korg NanoKONTROL Studio is my base hardware controller for song/state switching, part and volume control, also when I’m using a different boards on the road. It nicely fits into my laptop bag. “Just hand me a decent midi keyboard and I can play…”
- Main instrument VST’s: Omnisphere, Blue3 organ, PianoTeq (grand, upright piano & rhodes), XPand2, Hybrid3 and Ultra Analog VA-2.
In Cantabile I configured an generic 8-part performance rack that I can use as a building block for most songs.Those parts can be switched on/off and volume controlled on the RD-2000 (lower part) and the Novation SL (upper part), e.g. depending on song state.
Notes and CC’s are abstracted from the hardware devices and routed independently. Maximum flexibility using Blue Cat Remote Control vst, great stuff.
My stand is also a K&M Spider Pro. the laptop and iPad stands are also K&M. I have some devices for placing these on the Spider Pro stand as well, e.g. when I’m only playing piano. One thing remains: some smart cable management .
I’m very please with this setup now, and I’m learning every day with this wonderful forum!
Jan, Nice Rig, I too love the RD2000 Keybed, makes my Vsti’s play like a charm!!