Show me your Cantabile Rig!

Drool Fest !! :grinning:

Just love your setup, thanks for sharing

This is my first post. My main instrument is bass but over the years I’ve occasionally filled in on keyboards. I started home recording in the 90’s with a Pentium II running Cakewalk on DOS, a Korg M1, a Voce MicroB/Spin, an Alesis D4 plus bass and guitar. I used a Tascam 238S 8 track cassette and a Mackie 1604 mixer.

My latest home recording setup is Reaper running on a 3.4 Ghz i7 Dell Optiplex with 16GB RAM and a pair of Samsung Evo SSDs, a Lexicon Alpha, an AT2020, a Midisport 2x2, a Korg NanoKontrol2 and a Roland XP-80. I mostly use Lounge Lizard, VB3, Hybrid, Repro-1, IK Philharmonik, Amplitube SVX and Jamstix plugins.

Because the above pianos and organ plugins sound so fantastic I’ve been practicing rock keyboard parts more and decided to figure how to use the plugins live. Cantabile was the perfect choice. I’m trying to keep it simple and inexpensive until I play out more. Not sure how ill advised it is but I’m happy I can use ASIO4All with the laptop’s soundcard and just my MidiSport for now (and can put off purchasing the Scarlett 2i4 I’ve picked out).

I’m using an eight year old Dell Vostro 1520 2.6Ghz core 2 duo, 8GB RAM and 250 Evo SSD laptop running Win10 x64.

Nice, very clean rig! I started with Cakewalk 3.0 (DOS), a D4 and a Korg 01/W (aka the M10). Eerily similar!

Thanks Fred,

Glad you commented, I’ve got Further Up And Further In (Live) cranked, you guys are amazing!

Doug

Aw, that’s too cool! Thanks! (I used to have that same keyboard stand too… :wink: )

I think now it is ready for me to use,
with a new rack power supply on the back it is much better to organize my power adapter’s inside the Rack.
Also new 2xHDMI,3xUSB and 1Network connection easy to reach on the back.
For Cooling their are 2Fans:
1directly in the lower drawer above the surface
(5V Usb Powered/ from an old Netbookcoolingpad)
and a second one on the side in the midlle of the rack
(adjustable on the Frontpanel)

…so Outside the Rack their is only an IPad mini connected with rtp-MIDI per cable.

For me this is a good solution because I can open the drawer and take my surface with me to the livingroom…
(I am only a hobby musician / to use it on stage i would take a mini PC and fix it inside)