Show me your Cantabile Rig!

I use this little battery tester before shows for any active bass or other battery operated device. Learned the hard way to not skip this step. The batteries are super easy to pop out of the Logitech M325.

The device is made by “Delkin” (as opposed to Belkin :grinning:)

If the tester lights less than 4 lights I put the battery in a bag of 2-3 light batteries and use them for computer keyboards, desktop mice etc.

Update: One thing I forgot to mention is the laptop has a big touch pad - I’m more comfortable using a mouse but if mouse died I’m still fine.

Hi all,
Here is my self made little “Gig Box” 34x19x30 cm (has to fit in my scooter top case!)
HP EliteDesk I7 4770s @3.1 - 16GB ram 250+512 SSD’s.
Motu Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid
Wifi router (the white thing) for Remote Desktop on Ipad.
4 gigs yet and very happy with it. Setup time <2mn!!!

9 Likes

@brad, I didn’t have success with Webui, but Remote Desktop app on my Ipad (or my Iphone) works like a charm.

ok. was it that the WebUI just didn’t work, or didn’t do what you needed?

Hi Brad, thanks for your reactivity.

The idea was to launch Cantabile on my “Gig Box” via Remote Desktop on my IPad 3 and have WebUI on my IPhone during the gig to be able to switch States and Songs, leaving the IPad free for Chord Charts and Score viewing.
WebUI didn’t work for me. I guess my IPhone is to old to deal with WebUI (5C with IOS 10). It didn’t work on the IPad3 too but system is not up to date (IOS 8 max is 9.3 on this device) and anyway, the purpose was to have it running on the IPhone.

To add an old Dell e1910f monitor to my setup I bought this Stellar Labs monitor mic stand adapter:

The monitor is more stable than I expected, it would take a pretty good push to tip it over. A newer, lighter LED monitor would be more stable. If you look under the adapter you can see I put a metal strip (the one you remove when adding a PCI card). I filed a curve on one end so it stays in place against the mic stand so I didn’t have to over tighten the knob. BTW, the mounting is standard VESA 100.

I had to use this adapter also:

3 Likes

Screw heads sticking out? I see that and I see scratches and rips.

Yes a kind of barbarian built, hahahh! Not finished yet but I’m already giging 2-3 times a week with it!

1 Like

The screws sticking out are to remind you not to drag it across the floor on it’s back :grinning:

1 Like

uMy new reduced Rig…

all I need is integrated under the keyboardstand…

here it ist a SD8 Stagebox but I will change it for Midas MR18 because there is a AudioInterface integrated… and so I didn’t need my X32 Rack in the Future

Short cables connect the solutions and the Voicelive Rack is on the right place to work with it…

Weight 20kg

1 small Rack I have with a Furman Power Filter and my Lightinterfaces and Boards

it is conectet with 3 cables:
Power for my keyboardstand,
USB Extender Cable and
Network for Artnet etc.

5 Likes

Very nice…very clean. Thanks for sharing. I am always looking for ideas.

BTW. how are you silencing the key movements and bumps through your stand mounted mic stand?

The holder is from triad orbit …expensive but iron stable also the table (k&m 18950)
so there are no vibrations ( like on a spider stand :wink: )

!

1 Like

Very cool Juergen!! Thanks for the info.

But it is a mix of all… some parts are from K&m (stand) and some from triad orbit.
When i mounted the Triad Holder with its componets it was to high so I improvised a little bit.

1 Like

Nice! I like the mouse pad I’m using but want to know where you got yours from.

Jeurgen,
Just when I thought I had it going on, I see your latest creation. Very impressive. I’ve just transitioned to a new rig, but before I post it, your creation had got me rethinking things a bit. I may steal some of your concepts. I have been thinking about changing from my current stand to a table like yours. What type of stand is it? It’s got a nice profile. I’m very impressed by your under table configuration of all the electronics/power supplies/etc. to keep the look super clean when set up. Very nice work sir!

I shall also join Steve as an accomplice in this heist.

It’s from K&M… but I have extra a piece of pipe mounted to attach the holder

This is the stand it is standing like a rock… The same I have for my Kawei MP 11 with 35 kg and their are many holders with maximum flexibility.
( for my Voicelive I modified the available holder a little bit )

Thanks for the info Juergen. I’m going to see if my store carries it.