Shortcut for triggering MIDI files

Hi Guys,

As part of my Cantabile setup I use a couple of MIDI files (intros for songs); obviously to access them I have to come out of the main instrument page (in my case HALion) to start the MIDI files.

Is there a shortcut / macro I can assign to trigger these two files? I would save valuable seconds in between song.

Kind regards,

George

Hi George have you tried the Controller Bar buttons? They can be shown without interfering with your plugin GUI. Basically you configure a button(s) to a CC type and then make some bindings to trigger them when the button(s) is pressed.

Dave

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the speedy reply; TBH my usage of Cantabile thus far hasn’t included bindings, I’m guessing I’m missing out on a really useful feature.

I’ll need to consult the manual, maybe I can implement it before tonight’s gig!

Kind regards,

George

Hi George,

I wasn’t sure what version you have but if you have solo or performer I can help you set it up if you need it.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

That would be awesome; I’m currently running Solo; would that suffice, or do I need to upgrade?

Kind regards,

George

OK, the solo version does not have the controller bar but does have bindings. Is there a free button on your controller keyboard that could be used? If not you would need to upgrade. Way cool features in the Performer.

Dave

Hi Dave,

The performer does look great; I wonder if there’s an upgrade price for existing Solo users? I couldn’t see anything; I just upgraded to the Arturia V Collection X and don’t have the $199 kicking around.

For live work I use a Roland A-88, A-37 and an NI S61 Mk II, so I shouldn’t be short of options.

Kind regards,

George

Hi George,

You need to contact @brad The developer. I left a flag here for him and he should reply as soon as he gets it. You could also contact him at

contact@cantabilesoftware.com

Cheers,

Dave

1 Like

Upgrade from Solo to Performer is available for the price difference between the two editions (currently USD$130).

To upgrade, login to your account, click on your existing Solo license and you’ll see a link to “Upgrade to Performer”.

Hi Dave,

Thanks again for the suggestion; I’ve used bindings to trigger the 2 MIDI file intros, it was pretty intuitive, I didn’t have to refer to the manual at any point.

Kind regards,

George Wood

1 Like