Share your themes!

@dave_dore I am totally in love now with the Celery Green one. It is going to be my main look for a while! :slight_smile:

Terry

1 Like

@terrybritton, just updated it so download version 2!

1 Like

Got it!

This is so cool - pay a paltry sum for a year’s licensing of C3 and get a year of regularly occurring Christmas presents from Brad and constant goodies from everyone else! :smiley:

Terry

PS - ooooooo - Celery Green 2 is EVEN GREENER! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooooo… Shiney! :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

Yes… much calmer. Reminds me of the monochrome monitor on my Apple IIC. :grin:

And easy on the eyes, like it very much.

2 Likes

Woah! Nice work Dave.

1 Like

Thanks, @Siggin0er! I renamed the ZIP file to .THEME and copied it into the Cantabile folder, but it still doesn’t show up (even after restarting app) as an available theme. Am I missing something?

Yeah, seems like whether or not I save the theme file as a renamed ZIP file (to .theme) or extract to a folder and name the folder with a .theme extension Cantabile does not see the custom themes. How do we use these themes?

Probably you have the zip folder structure incorrect. Check that

For the theme to appear in the dropdown the content/structure of it doesn’t need to be correct. If it’s wrong it’ll just throw an error when you restart and it attempts to load it.

The drop down is populated by looking for all .theme files and folders in the resource folder - ie: the folder configured in Options → File Locations → Resource Folder. (If not specified it defaults to Cantabile’s installation folder).

TL;DR: if the theme ends with .theme and is in the right folder it should show up in the drop down.

Brad

So I’ve been saving .theme files in the same location as the Dark and Light theme files, in the main installation folder and they weren’t showing up. Today they are. Thanks for clarifying, @brad!

Brad is there a way yet to change backgrounds of certain panels?
If so it could dramatically change the way c3 looks (see reaper) and i would love to create some skins

Update of the RedShade theme to version x64-3596
RedShade.theme (2.2 MB)
https://i.imgur.com/tSoFRmV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NsxTOkI.jpg

2 Likes

Which panels. There are settings for the panels in general. Do you mean you want different panels to have different colors?

I guess all the background you see now that can be color changed. I could easily design a skin over it. Should be stretchable and possibility to vary the transparancy.

New Grey theme :slight_smile:
https://i.imgur.com/5wXJN8c.jpg
DarkGrey.theme (2.2 MB)

2 Likes

This by far is my favorite dark theme. It is no longer working as of the most recent update (build 3653). Is it still working for you?

I can’t think of anything related to themes that’s changed recently. I just tried the above attached DarkGrey.theme file and it seems to work for me…

Perhaps check the log file (or send me a copy to look at) - pretty sure it logs something if the theme fails to load.

Brad

Hi!
Nice to hear that, are you also colorblind (red/green)? :wink:

Sorry but my cantabile is outdated since months because I build our house right now…
If there are some changes needed in that theme please let me know!

Greetings, Tom

You can mostly just easy update by copy the latest theme files and choose not to overwrite the existing ones.