Setting a controller value as part of a Song

I swear I asked this before, and that it was answered, but since I can’t seem to find it.

I need to set a controller to a specific value as part of a song. Here are some examples:

1. Set a controller value for the Leslie to run tremolo (fast)
  2. Set the mod wheel to a specific value (I use this to set “Chorus” on some Rhodes patches). This way I can use the same patch, but have the chorus adjusted per song.
  3. Set the pitch bend value (needed for “falls” in NI Session Horns Pro ).

Thanks in advance -

Pat

Hey Pat

that’s what bindings are for - create a binding from Song;OnLoad or SongState;OnLoad and set the target to your plugin’s or rack’s Midi In->Controller with the correct controller number and value.

Cheers

Torsten

Great. That looks like it does it.

One further question -

There’s a delay parameter that can be up to 10,000 ms. Is that delay based when you start to load the song, or after the plugins have loaded.

In this case, it takes a while for the samples to load in Kontakt, and if it’s the selection of the song, 10,000 ms won’t be long enough.

I’ll play with it, but it would be interesting to know.

OK. So I did it a different way. I used a binding based on keys and set the pitch wheel value (which adjusts the speed of the falls) accordingly.

If anyone is interested in how I did this, and why, I’d be happy to put together a short video.

Thanks Torsten

1 Like