Set Song State behavior for Clones?

Wondering if there’s a way to set Song State behavior for other attributes of Clones, similar to how you do that for Show Notes. Specifically, I have 5 cloned song states, which are a bit complex with 3 layered vsti’s. But I only want a particular song level binding to be active on 3 of the 5… advancing to Next State when a C5 note is played. Only way I can see is by uncloning them all. I’m trying to avoid that since it’s a new song and I know I’ll be adjusting the layers in rehearsals.

I’ve run into this before… it would be nice to have more ways to unlink certain cloned attributes like bindings, gain, or whatever… the more options the better IMO. Thanks!
Tom

HI Tom,

What version are you running? With the latest versions 41xx you can use the expression feature to do that stuff on Cloned states.

Dave

Hi Dave, I’m still on C3, away from rig now but it’s the latest stable build on 3, I think it’s 3702. Need to migrate to 4 but haven’t had the time to go thru all songs to check and fix after migrating. Apparently I need a breather! Thanks,
Tom

Hey Tom,

OK, the expression feature would do it. I made a test of you problem using cloned states and used a binding like this from the 4160 version. It allows the binding to test for whether the desired state (“A 3” in the example) is correct for the note to fire the state change trigger. On all other states it would ignore the C5 note as a state change.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I’ve been gigging and away from the site for a while and just saw this. Thanks so much I will check it out!
Tom

1 Like