Separate Rack for Each Instrument

Hello guys.

Scenario:
Two instruments plugged into an interface–is it possible to have an effects rack applied only to one instrument?

And I much prefer Cantabile 2’s layout, so I was wondering if it could be done there too.

Cheers.

Hi @Krugg,

Yep. Cantabile 3 has much more flexible routing than Cantabile 2. I recommend watching the ports and routes video - it shows how pretty much any arrangement of connections is possible.

Also, note that you don’t need to put instruments in racks if you don’t want to share them across songs. You can just setup the two instruments and the effect in the primary song file if that’s all you need.

eg: here I’ve got two instruments mdaPiano and Diva with the piano going straight to the speakers but Diva going to a third plugin (reaeq):

Same thing applies if each of these instruments was in a rack.

Brad

Hello

“Also, note that you don’t need to put instruments in racks if you don’t want to share them across songs.” --> I’m very interested by this sentence, what do you mean by sharing racks across songs ?

EDIT : Ok, it is a Performer’s feature

Hey unisev,

Set lists holding songs that use the same vst instrument over and again allow the placing of the vsti into a “linked” rack that that loads only once into memory and is available to any songs that call it up in the entire set list. For the set lists you have the option of preloading all the racks and individual plugins not in racks Into the memory in one big load up when you start the setlist load. Doing this allows quick song changes because ram is quick compared to disk. When the “linked” racks aren’t used and you do a preloaded setlist you would run out of memory trying to load all the plugin instances in all the songs in the set list. And yes it’s available in performer. :grinning:

Dave

2 Likes