Seeing the selected Preset within a Linked Rack

I have a Linked Rack, and within that Rack I have Kontakt. I use Cantabile’s Presets to store and recall specific Kontakt instruments. Program changes recall each Preset. This all works fine.

But, at the Song level I can’t see which plug-in Preset is selected. Is there any way to be able to see the selected plug-in Preset at Song level?

I don’t want to have to duplicate all of my Presets as Rack States, which is how I’ve handled this previously.

1 Like

Interesting topic. Same problem/question here.

I asked long ago for a option to auto copy all the plugin preset slot names to the Rack State names and at the same time associate them. It was assuming there was only one plugin in the rack. This sounds more like you want another display field on the rack slot in addition to the rack state field. Is that what you are looking for? If so, I like it but wonder how you handle having more than 1 plugin in the rack, how do you choose?

In fact, as of an hour ago I do now have two plug-ins in the Linked Rack!

My approach would be…

If the Rack itself has no named States defined, then that column could display the Preset name of the first plug-in within the Rack - maybe in italics?

Sounds like a good approach, I think we should see what @brad has to say about it.