Saving Presets in Korg M1 Legacy

I remember seeing somewhere that you could only access 1 bank in the Korg Legacy M1, and you needed to create a new user bank. Can anyone give me a little guidance as to how to accomplish this. Am I saving the bank as a new file or within the synth itself?

Thanks,
Rick

The forum search engine is our friend.:wink:

Hope this helps

1 Like

Either create your own bank, or check ā€œBankā€ in
the State Behavior boxes to have C3 remember the patch and the bank. I canā€™t tell that much difference in load time.

I started creating my own Bank and kept misplacing it. Not many people an loose a bank.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My problem is I can answer a question better than I can ask oneā€¦

My issue is actually that I am not seeing where to add a new bank. Or am I just picking one of the current user banks and dropping everything into there?

Yes, thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing - I use the first user bank and copy my presets there (and customize them to my taste). The cool thing: user banks are local to the plugin instance, so I have a couple of M1 racks, all with different user banks. Itā€™s like having multiple M1 sitting around: one for string layers, one for solo sounds, one for general synth useā€¦

Cheers,

Torsten

See what I meanā€¦ I asked the question correctly. Thanks Torsten!

Are you doing anything else special in the State Behavior?

The other thing I noticed is that the M1 loads itā€™s own Catabile ā€œpresetsā€, which seem to be un-editable.

Thanks again
Rick

I am still confused on this. I have been copying patches to ā€œCard User 1ā€ and then modifying them there. Then I create a new state and select the patch from within that bank. I have Selected Program and Entire Bank selected (both check boxes) in the State Behavior box.

I save the rack and all seems good.

Then I drop the linked rack into a song, and some states point correctly and some donā€™t.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Rick

Hey Rick,

If Iā€™m understanding correctly then you might be confusing ā€œSelected Programā€ as a means to recall the M1 tone of itā€™s GUI directly but it is for the pseudo Preset Program numbers at the top of the Vsti GUI box. These are Cantabile based. So what I have to do in your situation is select a new pseudo preset number and rename it and then select the actual patch from the M1 gui. I repeat the process for additional presets. Thatā€™s how I do it anyway. Someone else may have a better way.

Dave

If you want to use the presets in your User 1 bank, then

• DONā€™T select Entire Bank - Selected Program is enough
  • make sure that your User 1 bank is selected every time you save the rack

Cheers

Torsten

Thanks Dave and Torsten. This one definitely ā€œbehavesā€ quite differently that any other VST I have been using.

I noticed last night that if I was in the browser and had User 1 bank selected that as I changed statesā€¦ the listing in the bank changed. That really had me scratching my head.

But now I see that makes senseā€¦ It was doing what I was telling to do.

Thanks again!
Rick