Routing Media Player to Output 4

I may not fully understand routing yet. Here is my issue.
Hardware: Komplete Audio 6
Asus A17 gaming computer
Cantabile Professional; Cantabile Media Player
Stereo track: Left is the click for the band only; Right is my drum kit recording.
Keyboard also in the Right channel. Metronome in the Left through Cantabile.

My normal setup in Cantabile is everything panned left is for the band only; everything panned right is for the house. My keyboard is in the right channel. I’ve recently started to use a drum track and right now I’ve channeled it through the right channel. This mixes it with my keyboard and there is no independent control for it except the Media Player itself. My band would like to have it on a separate channel to the board so they could control the volume themselves. The problem is that I am not able to find a way to output the drum track solely to channel 4 on my Komplete Audio 6. The Media Player doesn’t give me any options except channels 1 & 2 so that is a dead end. If I set up the Audio Output Port to support both Channels 2 & 4 then I am simply duplicating the problem I have already because the keyboard is still there.

Is there a way to direct or create an output that would send this right channel from the Media Player to Output 4?

Hi DJ

1st of all, here is the guide on audio ports:

Your Audio Interface shows it’s driver to the audio ports, but you have to be using that driver in the engine area in options. I use a Focusrite, and use the Focusrite USB driver. When adding audio ports, you will need to create a port and assign those ports. In the assign area, your audio interface ports will show all your ins and outs. You make the selection, and lets say you name it “Output 4”. Once it is assigned, you then can select “Output 4” as you output on the media player. It’s not as complicated as I am making it sound.
I have ports for all my outputs, including the ones on the ADAT output of my interface. I also have outputs for virtual programs, such as VoiceMeeter for when ever I am teaching online.
The main thing is using your interface driver, and assigning outputs. I wish my rig was setup where I could give you a visual, but it is all packed for gigging.
Hope this helps.

Regards

Corky

Yup, there is:

first, you’ll need to create an output port in Cantabile - for this application, a mono output port makes sense:

I’ve called this output port “Drums” - next step is to assign it to a hardware output. So right-click the “Signal” channel and select the physical output port you want to use:

Now you can use this port as an output port for your media player:

If you want to use the same audio track for two outputs at the same time, you need to use more fine-grained assignments, but you’ll need to add another output port to your media player first:
grafik

grafik

Now I’ve added a mono output port called “Drums” to the media player. This way, I can assign my stereo channels for the media file individually:

All done!

Cheers,

Torsten

4 Likes

I thank you both for your help. I have found a workable solution now. It gets me exactly the results that I need. Setting up the Drum output worked flawlessly the first time. I hear the click in my left channel; my Keys still come through; and Output 4 is my drums on its separate channel.

Really, the only thing that I could have hoped for for a universal solution that wouldn’t require me to make changes to all the songs. But I am satisfied with the solution and thank you all.

Here is the current working setup. Any other advice is welcome.

EDIT: I have come up with an even better option for my situation. I set up a stereo output with the click in the Left and Output 4 in the Right. This gives me total separation plus my keyboard is still outputting on Channel 2 so it does not interfere! Thanks a bunch!