Recommendations for Drum Accompaniment

I use the Bonzo Pack kit dry on my recordings and mix/add reverb/etc. I use drummers/styles from many different packs. I really like the product in general.

I also used Bonzo Pak a lot and Superior/Addictive Drummers before but I didn’t follow up with upgrades of the latter two so Bonzo Pak gave nice results too.
Now I’m trying out MELDAs Drum Empire 2020 sounds (ca. 60 GB) that I got for free since I bought MDrummer years ago.
In Jamstix for me it still takes too long to get the fills right though I know what I’m doing in principle.

1 Like

I also use the dry version of the Bonzo kit.

1 Like

@dbrendon:

1. I have found midi libraries that separate chorus/verse/bridge/intro/end drum loops - Can’t remember where I found them but if you PM me I’ll look in my archives.
  2. I save these things as songs instead of plugin snapshots. I have a playlist of dozens of “songs”: and several of those have their own Topiary instances. I have plenty of memory and the footprint op a Topiary plugin is minimal, really. Snapshots should work equally well though but I’ve never tried it.

You could take a look at GrooveMonkee’s offerings: they have tons of MIDI files that are arranged into full songs and structured by song section. They’re not free, but reasonably priced, IMO.

Toontrack also have a tons of really good MIDI libraries - a number of these are also structured by song section. Great to use with EZDrummer and DFH Superior, but also very usable as stand-alone MIDI files.

Cheers,

Torsten

Thanks for posting this! I was not aware of them, but they have product mappings to Superior and Slate 5 so relevant for me. I’ve purchased some of the Toontrack stuff and while its good, its a bit frustrating because the basic groove is often in one library and the fills in another… Makes them a bit more $ in the short run but alienates some folks like me.

BTW, the Slate 5 freebie is worth the download IMO if you don’t have Slate already. Even includes a few midi grooves with verse, chorus, pre-chorus, fill, end, etc…

Hi. I would love to have something like the old Roland rhythm boxes/drum machines but have spent hours looking on the internet, bought a few less than what I wanted products. That being said, I have made a lot of loops over the years that you are welcome to have if you DM me. I can set up a Drive folder for you. If you find something you like (you will) and are specific, I can time stretch it in Sound Forge for you. Hit me up. Mostly bossa, funk, Soul, ballad, 3/4.

1 Like

Are these samples or MIDI? I’d be interested in both cases - sample stretching I can do myself.