Recommendation for Cantabile on Drooble

Does anyone over here know about Drooble? It’s like a Facebook version especially created for musicians. Anyway, I posted a recommendation for Cantabile on my wall because I think more musicians should know about it. Here is what I wrote:

Cantabile Performer - best software for live keyboard performance
As a singer/keyboard player, when I perform live, my go-to software is Cantabile Performer. I’m just a user and have no affiliation with the maker whatsoever but I’m just so enthusiastic about it that I wanted to share this with you.
Basically, Cantabile is a so-called VST host, specially designed for rock-solid stability in a live situation, where you just don’t want anything to go wrong. The program offers so many features; they’re simply too much to list. You can play VSTs, trigger media clips, instantly switch between songs, integrate with your existing hardware, control everything via MIDI and simply perform better because you spend less time fiddling around with knobs, switching between presets and do on. Everything can be automated.

When I press a knob on my keyboard, Cantabile will switch to the next song on my playlist, select the right presets for my lower keyboard, select the VSTs to play on my upper keyboard (including different note ranges with different sounds), it will select the effect preset for my microphone. Also, it will automatically open the right song lyrics on my tablet. Then when we start playing, it will send a clicktrack to the drummer, play one or more backing tracks (with vocals, fill-ins or whatever is needed). After we finish the song, Cantabile will instantly switch to the next song upon the press of a button (this can be on your keyboard, or a foot switch or whichever way works best for you), with all the necessary presets, effect, etc.

Another great thing about this software is that it is supported by a very loyal community (forum) of keyboardists who will always help each other (including beginners). And Brad, the developer, is also very active on the forum and listens a lot to user suggestions and regularly updates the software (and I am talking about almost daily) to include new features and so on.

Currently, Cantabile is available for Windows only, but Brad is working hard (and close) to release a MacOS version as well. Cantabile comes in three versions: a Lite version which is free, Cantabile Solo and Cantabile Performer. I personally own the Performer version. Also, you can download the software for free and try out all three versions (both 32-but and 64-bit) totally free for a month. If you do download it and try it out, don’t hesitate to go on to the forum with any questions. There are some really experienced keyboard players who know Cantabile in and out, and who are extremely helpful. Some even go so far as to prepare a small guide in reply to a question, with screenshots and everything.

So why I am writing this long piece about Cantabile? Well, first of all, I honestly think there is no better software for live performance out there and I think every keyboard player should know about it. So just download it and give it a try. Second, this is just my humble way to give some extra support to the developer, but just so as you know: I do not own any shares in the software or anything, and nobody is paying me to write this post. I’m a just very enthusiastic user.

Anyway, here is the link to the website if you want to try it out: https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/

4 Likes

Hi Herman,

Thanks for the great post, the contribution to the whole picture and product is commendable and I just wanted you to know that I noticed!

Thanks again for participating here as well,

Dave (just another user)

2 Likes

Hi @hermanoantequera,

Glad you’re enjoying Cantabile and thanks so much for help spread the word!

Brad

(Also, just setup this https://drooble.com/cantabileapp)