Razor Sucks Don't Buy it, here's why

Yes, I know it does. I have to stick with the classic Montage for now. Valhalla VST was $50 I suppose I am using it for the interim. When they added the shimmer to the latest OS, I started to really want the Montage M. Valhalla sounds amazing though. I was mad at Yamaha for the mild upgrade, keeping the TFT display, adding the extra display and the ANX,(I have O2, no need for the ANX), increased polyphony that is dependent on synth engine /user distribution and other disappointments, I passed on the upgrade until the 2.0 update. I’ve owned three different Motif versions (classic, ES, XF) so I am a dedicated Yamaha/Steinberg user. But, yes, I am aware of the emergence of the shimmer in the 2.0 firmware. So, I guess I have some remaining GAS, LOL!

I guess it might have raised a few red flags, but glad that I’ve not broken any rules.

1 Like

Yes, it would be an expensive upgrade to just get a Shimmer verb! But it is better than the original Montage for many reasons, and not just AN-X, it is a really well thought out upgrade.

I also like the Valhalla products, but lately I have been really taken in by the Eventide H3000 and H949 plugins, and am using them a lot.

1 Like