Random freezes in build 4202 when switching songs

Has anyone experienced random lockup or freezing in Cantabile Performer build 4202 when switching between songs in a setlist? I’ve had this happen at my last two gigs, and on two different laptops. Thankfully, this happened before we started Saturday’s gig, so I quickly downgraded to build 4196, which I’ve never had a problem with.

I am unable to replicate this issue on-demand. It happens sporadically and without any discernable pattern. I’ve also seen build 4202 abend (dump) when switching songs, but this is rare.

As I mentioned, the issue does not appear to be device-specific, and it has happened with more than one setlist and when switching to different songs. My laptops are fast and beefy, a Ryzen 7 7840HS and a 13th gen Intel i9-13900HX, both with 64GB and 4TB SSD. I’m on Win11 24H2 and run a Steinberg UR-22C USB interface with a buffer size of 128 samples.

I believe builds after 4196 did something with the loading of VST3 plugins (which I use a lot). I employ primarily sampled instruments with a memory footprint of over 35GB with my primary setlist preloaded.

For now, I am staying on 4196 until there is a fix.