Question about rack state behavior

I am using performer 4160. I use the option to save all individual settings in a song. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it is my understanding that, for every rack setting I want saved in the song, i need a checkmark in the left column in the rack state behavior. It didn’t seem to work without doing that.

Some of these plugins have hundreds of settings. It can take quite a while to check all the boxes. Is there a set/clear all button somewhere? I tried the typical wndows thing to select one thing and then hold shift on another line to select everything in between. It does highlight everything but it has no effect on the check box.

Hi Ray,

That is correct.

It’s a bit tricky but there is a way. First select the top most state behavior you want to check a box on.

Next do a Shift + Click to select a block of behaviors or use Ctrl+A to select all the behaviors.

Now press and hold Ctrl+Shift and hit the Enter key on the keyboard. This checks all the export boxes that are selected. Hit it again to uncheck them all.

That’s the shortcut I know of. Hope it helps.

Dave

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks!

Dave - another semi related question. When using the option to save all individual settings in the song, does the plug-in snaphot play any part?

Hi Ray,

The Plugin snapshots are saved with the song if at song level by default because the “Selected Program” Enable State Control box is by default checked. If the plugin is in a rack and has the Export behaviors for “Selected Program” checked it saves the snapshot to the song, if Exported box (left hand) is not checked and the default Enable State Control box (right hand) is checked the snapshots are saved with the Rack state in the Rack File.

Dave