Putting Cantabile into AutoStart? Experiences?

Hey people,

I’d like to know if someone already tried to put Cantabile into AutoStart. Does this work reliable?
I would like to build a keyboard without a screen… though it would be important that it works :wink:

Thanks,
Chris

Yes, I’ve got it on autostart for all my Cantabile only computers. Works like a charm. But I never tried it without a screen. Things can always go wrong - maybe once you forget to plug in your soundcard before startup; then you are f* without a screen.

I have a dedicated Cantabile laptop, so yes, I have it start automatically. I don’t know how it would work without a screen. How would you open a setlist or a song that is not already opened?

To prevent issues on headless machines, you might want to set the options about saving files to either “Yes” or “No” instead of prompt:

Also, in Options → Diagnostics, turn on “Don’t check for clean shutdown” to prevent the crash recovery dialog from appearing:

1 Like

Hmmm. Good idea. Perhaps a switch on the startup line? Something like -noprompt or -livemode ?

That way you could have the settings to prompt and save in the studio or rehearsal, but in a performance situation a different startup shortcut would make sure to start without prompts, etc. It wouldn’t be too difficult with a different profile, even without the switch.

1 Like

Nice idea. Logged it.

See here: Headless and Live Mode Command Line Switches

1 Like

I use Sysinternals (Mark Russinovich) Autologon to cache my Windows user password encrypted. Too many things don’t work when your Windows user doesn’t have a password.

This allows the laptop to boot up right into Windows logged on. I have a Windows Task Scheduler task that loads Cantabile on logon with C3 set to load the last song that was open. Takes 35 seconds on my 2012 Lenovo X230 with a Samsung SSD to load C3 with Superior Drummer. Usually I just sleep this machine manually (from a button on my Logitech wireless keyboard) - it wakes up and is instantly ready for “Stick Control for the Snare Drummer” :grinning:

I can make a single page helpsheet on how to set Task Scheduler to load Cantabile on logon if anyone’s interested. It’s works every time.

1 Like