PSA: Waves NX virtual studio + head tracker module on crazy sale

Waves has their NX virtual studio plugin plus Bluetooth head tracker module on sale right now for $59.99 (the module by itself is “on sale” for $99.99 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:).

Got mine after using their NX Ocean Way Nashville virtual studio plugin for a few months without the head tracker. Ocean made mixing on cans feasible. The head tracking part isn’t really going to help the actual mixing imo, but its so much darn fun it was worth it for me!

https://www.waves.com/hardware/nx-virtual-mix-room-nx-head-tracker

Named virtual studio products (also on sale) here:

https://www.waves.com/plugins/headphone-mixing#sort:path~type~order=.default-order~number~asc

The named studio products are also available bundled with the head tracker module but it’s actually cheaper to buy it bundled with NX plugin and then buy whichever named studio you want…

Amazingly, headphone mixes in my K701 that sound right thru both of these plugs are very, very close to right when played back on actual monitors.

For when you aren’t doing live stuff… :smiley:

1 Like

At that price, and with the same price available at Sweetwater with 24-month 0% interest financing using my Sweetwater card, it was a no-brainer. It is on the way! Thanks!

Terry

Waves Nx Virtual Mix Room + Nx Head Tracker Bundle (Boxed) | Sweetwater

I did a freq analysis of the NX Abby Road Three main monitors and did an EQ curve for NX based on it. I like it a lot better since with it NX sounds overall a lot more like all of the Waves “named” NX virtual studios, but still different enough to reveal its own things. Let me know if you’d like it. I can either do a Melda EQ preset or a screen shot of the curve parms…

As for the three named studios, they all sound a little different, but mixing on them is about the same IMO (which one would expect). I did see in the NX propaganda on WAVES that some people are using NX as a monitoring tool for live performance. After hearing it, I’d definitely want to try it for in-ears on stage (sans the head tracker).

Also, getting it thru Sweetwater is probably the better deal since they probably have free shipping (not sure for this item). I had to pay $15 for shipping from Waves…

1 Like

Not really related except another (imo) very good deal, IZotope has their “gateway drug” bundle on sale for $49 right now (I think Sweetwater has it). I already had it for a year and love Neutron and Ozone, plus the two Exponential Audio reverbs are pretty solid but only license for a single machine, so I bought another bundle just for the reverb licenses, lol.

1 Like

Yep - Sweetwater’s shipping was free.

Terry

…$15 wasted on shipping…one less gourmet burger that my waistline doesn’t have to endure. :rofl:

2 Likes

Too good to miss at that price, and I finally have a sound interface with a headphone socket as well on my new DAW (that I still installing a shit load of plugins into… ).

2 Likes