Progress Update on the Mac Version of Cantabile?

Hey guys,

Having recently moved from Windows to Mac, I was sad to see Cantabile was Windows only! :cry:

I searched around, and found a few updates as far back as 2016—so I know this has been in the works for at least a couple of years.

Are there any updates on the progress of the Mac version, please? I don’t expect a timeline, but as a starter for ten, is there a possibility of seeing this before 2019?

Look forward to hearing from ya’ll.

Thanks.

@brad has put a lot of work into this. It would definitely be interesting to know how close it is to release!

Neil

Not as close as I’d like it to be but I have been at it again for the last couple of weeks.

GuiKit was very close to working 100% on both platforms and then I went and did all that high-resolution multi-monitor work for 35xx and I’ve got a bunch of catch up work to do on mac edition again.

Brad

Because of the quicksand that Windows has become I moved to my macs. (despite being a Microsoft MVP)
I transferred my Cubase, FL studio and Reaper et al licenses over (quite painless really).
I can use my old mid 1011 and 2012 iMac and Mac Minis with HighSierra and everything runs beautifully. Even Diva.
I have Xcode and Juce so I can tweak my open source stuff. Especially Dexed and my own VST / AU host.
So far I’ve never had a crash except with Audjoo helix.
After years of hating the bodgy science projects called Unix / Linux I finally feel at home.
Cantabile for mac? I’d be on that like a fly on a sheep carcass.

Update: I’ve spent the best part of the last month working on this (hence the lack of builds recently) but it’s a big job and still a ways to go.

So next Tuesday then?
No pressure
:slight_smile: