Program crash with Air Music theRiser

Just got started using C3 and have been just messing around, being sure to just do a few things so i do not get too far without initialing using bindings and states to their fullest. so far i have just done a couple songs with splits for live performance. The 3 songs are Come Togther (Gary Clark jr version)…very simple, with an instance of V-Station Brass and an instance of XPand2 for a saw bass…which are layered…song 2 is No Roots (Alice Merton) which has an instance of XPand2, SampleTank3, and theRiser. this has a combination of vocal layering and synth bass layering between xPand2 and SampleTank 3 and then a theRiser for the riser sound. Both these work well with no problem. Then there is Anne Marie’s Alarm. Here is my layout:

1. theRiser for opening Siren riser
  2. Xpand2 for opening for opening pad
  3. SampleTank 3 for delay saw which goes through most of the song. this is tempo synced.
  4. SampleTank 3 with 8 instances of Miroslav 1 Stnwy piano mf. this is set so i can play one finger triads.
  5. Xpand2 for a soft pad
  6. theRiser for a different riser sound
  7. Xpand2 for Vocals
  8. Xpand 2 for Harp
  9. Xpand for another Saw
  10. theRiser
  11. theRiser

once i load the song and play one of the Risers, i get a loud popping noise and nothing else except more popping. these are all loaded for one song, which are split and layered over the keybed. it does seem if i wait a few etra seconds, there is no problem, but it is inconsistant in whether it will play or crash. Also, there is no report to Brad option window that pops up.
any ideas?

Additionaly, i had a crash report sent to Brad due to C3 crashing with 2 instances of V-Station.

UPDATE - It is Definitely theRisers which is causing the problem. been messing with it for awhile. Even if i preload…same issue. I then disabled 3 instances of theRiser and once i enabled one and pressed a key, same pop.

I’ve also recently experienced a problem with theRiser. In my situation it just shut down my audio. C3 didn’t crash and I could still see it was getting Midi. Rebooted computer and it happened again. I’ve never had the audio just stop outputing, totally bizarre. Removed the plugin and haven’t touched it . Using ASIO4ALL driver but an old build , 3231 I think.

Alex, so weird. I used C2 for quite a while and never had issues. Now, with C3 I have had 2 very problematic issues with theRiser and Vsynth, or Vbass…I will update after drinking time. Lol. A little hazed at the moment

Brad,

Can you supply some input on this? If I wait about 15 seconds or so, there is no problem. But if I play after the load is complete, it crashes. And this happens only when playing one of the keys mapped to theRiser.

Hi @ski88keys,

I just went through all three crash reports from you (dated Mar 22 to 28) and they’re all crashes in V-Station (perhaps related to switching presets - but I can’t be sure on that). Make sure you’ve got the latest version of the plugin installed. I couldn’t find a technical contact for Novation to forward them the crash reports - if you have one, please let me know and I’ll get in touch with them.

As for the issues with theRiser - it’s a bit hard to tell without seeing a crash report. If Cantabile’s crash reporter isn’t appearing the best bet would be to use Microsoft’s DebugDiag tool - see here.

If you’re getting issues when using multiple instances of one plugin - it’s a good test to try disabling Cantabile’s multi-core support (Options -> Audio Engine -> Number of Audio Threads -> 1 “disabled”). Some plugins haven’t been engineered to handle multi-core processing across multiple instances and can’t handle the way Cantabile calls them. If you find this helps - let me know and I’ll see if I can special case those plugins.

Brad

Brad, this seems to have worked. It did crash once, when preloaded the setlist. But I could not get it to crash again after that. I will monitor it and let you know if any other issues.

Thanks for your help,
Darrin

Meh…it crashed again. What happens, is I play a note with one of the instances of theRiser, and then I just get a pop each time I press a key. Need to download the Windows app you mentioned.

Hi @ski88keys

As an experiment can you try loading just one instance of the plugin and see if you get any issues.

Brad

Hi @ski88keys

Just following up on this… I’d like to see a crash report if it’s still happening. Did you have any luck with the debug diag tools?

Brad