Problems with Midi Routing options for Korg MonoPoly

I have a synth rack with various plug-ins including Korg M1 and Korg MonoPoly, and Applied Acoustics VA2. I put an instance of each plug-ins into a rack. I’ve included this rack in several songs and assigned each on to a different state. At the song input level I’ve selected the keyboard to route the rack to, and have set up MIDI routing at the song Input Port level to transpose several of the plug-ins up or down one octave. Here’s the problem: the transpose setting works correctly for M1 and VA2, but when I try to use it for Monopoly, it has no effect whatsoever. In fact I’m unable to get any other routing options such as keyboard range to work for MonoPoly. MonoPoly is set up exactly the same way as the other plug-ins, at both the rack and song level.

BUT, if I try to do the same thing at the plug-in level (open up the rack and apply MIDI routing settings to the MonoPoly plugin), the settings for transposition and keyboard range work correctly.

I’m mystified as to why MIDI routing settings work for MonoPoly at the plug-in level, but not when Monopoly is encased in a rack and I try to make the settings at the song level.

Thoughts? If anyone else has MonoPoly, I would appreciate it if you would try to duplicate this problem.

Lee,

I have the Mono/Poly and the M1 also. I placed both into a rack, then set them each to receive input from the rack MIDI in.
Then back at the song level, I set up the keyboard to output MIDI to this new two-korg rack’s MIDI in, and set the keyboard up with a transpose filter. Both did successfully transpose when I changed the setting from within the filter.

I think perhaps you are trying sending the keyboard directly to the plugin rather than to the rack MIDI in? Where it is not clear to me what you’ve done is in the sentence, “At the song input level I’ve selected the keyboard to route the rack to,
and have set up MIDI routing at the song Input Port level to transpose several of the plug-ins up or down one octave.”

I’m going to try sending directly to the plugin - I didn’t think that would work from the song level of routing, so I hadn’t tried that.

Terry

thanks Terry, I’m at work now but I’ll try to sort this through further tonight. Perhaps I’ll post some images too to clarify what I’m doing

Also, I found I had to create two keyboard inputs for the rack (copying and pasting the keyboard input) with one set to one transpose setting and the other set to a different transpose setting, so that my song states could select which keyboard and transpose setting it wanted to use. I found song states would not change a single keyboard to a different transpose setting - I needed to have two of them.

I’ll watch for your post tonight and try what you are doing on my machine then.

Terry

1 Like

Hi Terry,

After reading your response and looking over my configuratoin for the ummpteenth time I realized that I had my input port set incorrectly within the rack for MonoPoly :confounded: Once I changed it to Rack: Midi In, things are working just fine. The simple things make the difference!

1 Like

Isn’t that the often frustrating truth! :wink:

Terry