Potential fix for Roland Zenology

Hey All,

I’ve had a number of users report issues with Roland’s Zenology plugin - essentially where the UI becomes unresponsive in hi-dpi modes after certain actions (not sure what).

Basically I think it comes down to the plugin committing in the same sins as Roland’s VST 2 plugins (don’t get me started) so I’ve put in the same workarounds for Roland VST 3 plugins. Certainly it fixes some other issues with it’s menus and some other display issues.

The fix is available now in experimental build 3655 so interested to hear if this fixes the hang issue (as I couldn’t reproduce it myself).

Brad

Hi!

Seems that fix doesn’t work unfortunately.
Just changed some presets then chose one and GUI stopped responding
(VST3 version, non HiDPI mode)

kind regards

Hi @Alexander

Thanks for the update. I’m getting mixed messages about this - some reporting it’s fixed, others not. I’m still looking into it and will post back when I know more.

Brad

Quick update - I’m still looking into this, but haven’t been able to reproduce any issues here with the latest builds of Zenology and Cantabile.

If anyone is encountering issues with Zenology can you please let me know:

1. What version of Cantabile and Zenology you’re running
  2. What actions lead to the issue (reported issue is GUI locks up/stops responding but audio processing still works).
  3. What version of Windows you’re unning.

Brad

Hi!
For the record
Latest version of Zenology
Windows 7x64
Cantabile build 3655

Playing external keyboard while changing presets via preset browser leads to an issue

Kind regards

I’m getting crashes with Cubase too, FWIW…

P