Popups under main window

I just spent an hour or more thinkng that Cantabile was completely hosed. I had a little time between gigs, so I decided it eas time to catch up on updates. Cantabile (5159], Windows 11, plugins, non-player plugins missing from Kontakt 7, icons instead of folders, blah, blah, blah.

Today I steted putting together a new setlist. Added an existing song, no problem. Added a new song and an existing linked rack. No problem. Added a new linked rack, NP. Tried to add a plugin. Froze, no response to anything. Checked version, updated to 2160, froze. Stable 2150, froze. Checking varous boxes on abnormal shutdown, same. Tried to do something different. Add show notes, froze. Edit some exisring show notes from another song, froze.

I eventually figured out that anything that produced a popup caused the freeze. What actually was happening is that the popups were popping up under the main screen. Once popped up you can no longer interact with the main screen. After the billionth ctl-alt-del I got the main screen out of the way and saw the popups. After fixing it one time, it all started working normally with popup on top.

I don’t know if this is a Cantabile bug, windows bug or some sort of pilot error. But I thought I could maybe save someone else some stress by getting this up on the forum

I have kind of the same issue - my pop-ups also disappears behind the main screen, but it doesn’t freeze. To see them I need to change focus to Cantabile (I have LivePrompter open on half of the screen), when Cantabile gets the focus the pop-ups are visible.

Thanks, Torsten. Cantabile was maximized on one of two screens. Focus seemed to be locked on the invisible popup. I could focus on stuff on my other screen but going back it still appeared frozen. alt-tab also did not work. I just recently had the same problem just one time with GuitarPro. This implies maybe a Windows 11 issue.

1 Like