Plugin scaling on high dpi screens

I can’t seem to get the UI right on my Surface Book 3000x2000 res screen.

Options:

1. High-Resolution UI turned OFF + 100% scaling = Correct UI size + Pixelated UI + correct plugin size
  2. High-Resolution UI turned ON + 200% scaling = Correct UI size + Clear UI + miniature plugin size

So with my crappy eyesight, I either have to deal with an unclear UI or a tiny plugin view.

HI,
I think a lot of us face these problems to a greater or lesser degree.
I find that the Windows zoom built into Aero (win7 and upwards) works well.
The shortcuts are win key + +, win key + -, win key + escape.
Here’s a demo. At about 1m08s into the video it shows the full screen zoom that I prefer.
Additionally, because I use laptops or mini keyboards I map a button on the right of the keyboard to give me an extra win key. This allows me to zoom with only one hand (the span is just too great to hit the normal win key on the left and get to the + or -). I use Sharpkeys for the mapping.
Cheers,
Neil

Unfortunately that’s about as good as it gets at the moment - and probably not going to change anytime soon. Plugin developers have been terribly slow at adapting to hire screens.

Here’s a blog post about it.

Hi Brad,
I believe I have a solution to this problem. The problem can be fixed as follows:

1. Upgrade to the Windows 10 Creator’s Update. If you google or Bing search for the update you should easily find the update link. This should upgrade you to version 1703.
  2. After the update successfully installs Right click on the shortcut to Cantabile and choose “Properties”.
  3. Open the “Compatibility” Tab.
  4. Under Settings check the box “Override high DPI scaling behavior” and choose “Scaling performed by” SYSTEM. (Not SYSTEM ENHANCED). This choice is not available on earlier versions of Windows and drove me nuts.

At this point I was able to set my screen resolution to anything including 3840x2160 and Cantabile and any plugin (e.g. Kontakt) displays just like it did on my lower res screen.

Jon

1 Like