Osmose CTRL-E in Cantabile - Static Problems

Has anyone installed Osmose CTRL-E in Cantabile and gotten it to work reliably? I’m getting a lot of static with many of the Phase Plant and CV3 presets. The other engines mostly play fine. I’ve described my testing of Phase Plant’s “a vibrant secret” preset below.

But before that I also want to say that Korg’s Modwave Native is also displaying some anomalies in Cantabile such as dropped notes or static - problems that I don’t have when I play Modwave Native outside of Cantabile.

Here’s a description of my testing of CTRL-E’s “a vibrant secret” preset…

Testing “a vibrant secret” preset from Phase Plant using Osmose MPE mode. If I lightly play one note (one key) everything is fine. And if I press that same key deeply into the keybed, I don’t get much, if any, static. But if I play another note before the first one completely dies away, then I get static. Even if lightly playing.

If I repeatedly play the same key before the sound completely dies away, then I almost always get static even with light key presses.

Again, with all notes finished playing…. If I lightly play two notes together, I don’t (usually) get static at initial key press. But when I press these two keys deeper into the keybed, then I get static. And again, if I don’t let the first two notes die away before I press the next two notes even lightly, then I get static.

And if I repeatedly press the same two keys before the sound dies away, then I always get static.

With all notes finished playing…. If I lightly press three notes together, then I always get static.

And if I press four notes together, then I get more static then preset sound.

The above conditions are irrespective of MPE, Classic Keyboard, Poly Aftertouch, Multi-Channel, Midi Custom Preset settings on my Osmose.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

So I don’t think the problem is with Cantabile. I created a project in Cubase AI 15 with Osmose as controller and CTRL-E’s “a vibrant secret” as the preset and I get the exact same static problems as in Cantabile.

Tom

After further research, I am convinced that the problem is with Phase Plant being highly CPU intensive. The solution, I think, would be to modify the preset but unfortunately Osmose CTRL-E does not allow you to modify its presets. (Maybe, the CTRL-E controller allows preset modification but not the original Osmose). So, if I hear otherwise from Expressive E, I think this topic is pretty much closed.

Tom